I am excited to be part of SFU’s DEMOfest this year, where I will be presenting and discussing with my fellow educators the advantages of using the Canvas LMS with Grav:
Canvas Assessment Strengths
- Assignment submissions and rubrics
- Surveys, quizzes, and graded discussion forums
- Multi-course calendar and gradebook
A safe place for student assignments and data, and where most of our students are!
Grav Content Management System Strengths
- Free open source software (FOSS) project
- A modern flat-file (no database) CMS, which supports custom page types and modular content
- The platform-independent format Markdown is supported, and pages remain as individual files
For tech-savvy educators a modern and flexible platform under their full control!
Grav Open Course Hub Project
- Ready-to-run FOSS project, which includes the Grav CMS
- Provides a blog-like homepage, with areas for important reminders and class preparations
- Example schedule, resources and syllabus pages are included, and custom pages can be added
- Provides a ‘chromeless’ mode, perfect for embedding multi-device friendly pages into Canvas
- Ability to easily sync content to a Git (GitLab, GitHub, etc.) repository using the Git Sync Plugin
- Git repository enables student contributions, support for desktop mirroring/editing, and 5R’s of OER
- Edit content with the app of your choice, and easily upload your changes using GitHub Desktop
A ready-to-run package designed to support a blended course, inside or outside of Canvas!
Want to learn more?
Modern Flat-file Grav CMS
Example Canvas Course with Grav CMS
Grav Open Course Hub